© Akorn, Inc. Lake Forest, Illinois, USA.
This web site is intended for informational purposes only and not intended to replace discussion with a healthcare provider. If you have any questions regarding the content of this site please contact Akorn.
All labeling reflected on this website is for informational and promotional purposes only. It is not intended to be used by healthcare professionals or patients for the purpose of prescribing or administering these products. Questions regarding the current content of product labeling should be directed to Akorn’s Customer Service department at 800.932.5676.
Types of Information We Collect
Use And Processing Of Information
Sharing Of Information
How We Protect Personal Information
Types of Information We Collect
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
||Types of Data
||Primary Purpose for Collection
and Use of Data
|Cookies and first party tracking
||We have a legitimate interest in making our website operate efficiently.
|Cookies and Third Party Tracking
||We participate in behavior-based advertising, this means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests on our website, or on other websites.
||We have a legitimate interest in engaging in behavior-based advertising and capturing website analytics.
||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.
||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.We have a legitimate interest in operating the sweepstakes. In some contexts we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes, and we have a legitimate interest in complying with those laws.
||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.
||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.
Use and Processing of Information
- In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or our stores.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To fulfill legal and regulatory obligations.
- To conduct analytics.
Sharing of Information.
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, to comply with state, federal, or international reporting or disclosure requirements, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, assist with regulatory and other reporting obligations and disclosures outlined above, data aggregation, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Sharing with Affiliates and Non-Affiliates for Marketing and Other Purposes. We may share your information with affiliates and non-affiliates for marketing, regulatory and other purposes. Under certain circumstances, you may opt-out of such sharing with non-affiliates with respect to certain data you have provided to us.
You may be entitled to certain choices regarding your personal information. As applicable, please contact us by one of the methods listed below under “Contact Information” and we will assist you with your request as soon as possible. Please note that in order to exercise these rights, we may have to verify your identity to make sure you are exercising rights related to personal information belonging to you. Depending on your request, we may request certain information from you in order to verify your identity and residency using personal information already provided by you, prior to granting any data subject access request, including a request for access or deletion of data. You may also appoint an authorized agent by contacting us at the email below and verifying your identity and residency. Please note, if you elect to exercise one of your choices listed below, you will not receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your privacy rights that are conferred upon you by law. You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we collect, use, sell or share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- Revocation of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. As a multi-national company we transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
- The sites are not meant for or targeted to children and should not be used by children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information through any point of contact, we ask to be contacted at the below email address, and we will delete the information about the child referenced from our files. If we have actual knowledge that personal information about a person under the age of 13 has been collected without appropriate parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete such information. We do not sell the personal information of minors less than 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
Contact Information. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer
1925 West Field Court, Suite 300
Lake Forest, IL 60045
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Effective Date: May 1, 2020